Santa Monica, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Advisor, located on-site with a specific client, will be responsible for guard force management, developing, executing, and measuring all corporate security programs, personnel, and third-party contributors. The Advisor will collaboratively ensure that the client security programs meet or exceed industry standards as well as regulatory expectations and will serve as a primary subject matter expert and liaison for law enforcement, security regulatory agencies, and vendors.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect and mitigate all risks, threats and vulnerabilities to safeguard people, assets, product and property; to maintain continuity of operations and ensure profitability.
- Serve as central resource responsible for promoting consistency in the client physical security policies, procedures and practices for protection confidence and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
- Develop, implement, manage, advise, survey or audit all security programs, policies and procedures.
- Establish ongoing communication with senior leadership on the status of security issues, evolving risks and related recommendations.
- Contract for, manage, develop and deliver performance oversight for all security service providers, consultants and contractors.
- Develop metrics to measure security program and personnel effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs; including planning and conducting exercises with first responders.
- Establish and maintain proactive relationships with appropriate government and law enforcement agencies.
- Serve as lead or technical support for major incident investigations involving security and safety related issues.
- Assist in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related practices and technology.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Law enforcement experience, preferred.
- Security management experience.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a respectful, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to identify, define, prioritize, resolve problems, and draw supportable conclusions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.