Human Resources Specialist- East
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Human Resources Specialist will support Pinkerton East region by assisting the HR Manager with traditional human resources administrative tasks, processes, and programs as well as recruiting functions. The Specialist serves as a trusted business partner to the region senior management and Directors.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted business partner by providing accurate and timely information and assistance to the region senior management and Directors.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with ATS requisition management, candidate review, external resume searches, and phone screens.
- Review and process I-9s, background screenings and drug test results.
- Serve as the new employee first point of contact;
- Answer questions/concerns and escalate to the HR Manager, if needed.
- Enter new employee data into internal HR systems and provide required documentation to payroll.
- Complete new hire checklists and create personnel files in accordance to established processes and compliance requirements.
- Assist with employee changes, promotions, and terminations and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Assist in FMLA, ADA, personal leaves and worker compensation claims;
- Manage timely communication with employees and maintain documentation, as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist with the annual benefit open enrollment process.
- Actively participate in department process improvements;
- Suggest ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Assist with special projects and reporting.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree with at least three years of human resources and recruiting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. HR certifications, preferred.
- Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines and/or priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.