Security Assurance Specialist Philippines
Manila, Metro Manila - Philippines
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Assurance Specilaist, based in Philippines, will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs for safeguarding the client's corporate business operations. The individual Specialist within the Regional Assurance & Validation Team is responsible for ensuring conformance with an expansive range of corporate security policies and standards associated with operational effectiveness of physical, technical, response and procedural security nodes at corporate facilities globally.The position reports to the Regional Security Operations and Assurance Manager APAC & India.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Requirements: Maintain a standard of quality, proficiency levels and continued improvement through a regimen of regular inspection and testing constructed to ensure that security risks are mitigated, security systems and protocols are sustained at acceptable levels and that their quality and capabilities improve over time.
- Ensure compliance with promulgated controls by examining, analyzing and evaluating policies and standards, records, reports, operating practices/procedures and documentation in the design, installation, and effectiveness related to physical, technical, response and procedural security of corporate offices and buildings.
- Appraise management systems, programs and operations through both on-site and remote survey evaluations and inspections.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with corporate policies, standards and guidelines governing the safeguarding of personnel and assets associated with corporate facilities.
- Provide assistance and guidance in the adequacy and appropriateness of security measures based on conformance and risk.
- Ensure compliance with applicable security requirements and be sufficiently conversant to impart guidance that ensures compliance and proper implementation.
- Provide expert technical guidance and advice on the implementation of physical security standards and policies.
- Evaluate security policies and procedures in response to a variety of physical security issues and evolving international security conditions.
- Remain well-versed and proficient with emerging developments in the physical and technical security discipline.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend adoption of new developments that will enhance efforts to reduce physical security risks at corporate facilities and ensure compliance with standards.
- Participate in working groups to identify, examine, assess, and resolve security failings, vulnerabilities, concerns and issues.
- Identify the need for new or updated policies and standards to meet changing requirements and continually improve the effectiveness of physical security measures.
- Write comprehensive technical reports and memoranda on physical security compliance-related topics.
- Apply risk management methodology to assess threat levels against security standards, continually balancing security controls against risks.
- Oversee inspection and testing programmatic timeline and deliverables and ensure timely delivery of all reports documenting facility quality review, testing and findings.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for each site security review in accordance with corporate records management policies and produce project milestone reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Diploma and/or degree with at least five to eight years of security management, law enforcement or military.
- Security management, law enforcement or Business continuity experience.
- Background in Physical/Technical security systems and devices, Vulnerability/Risk assessment, Compliance/Audit, Quality Management, Reporting Research Results, Analyzing Information from large data sets for trending, gap and threat analysis, Statistical Analysis, Ad Hoc Reporting, Objectivity in a Corporate Environment, General Consulting Skills, Operations Research.
- Proficient using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint).
- Strong analytical, writing, verbal, and organizational skills as well as excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Maintain currency with organizational, statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as, maintaining a continued working knowledge of physical security systems and vulnerabilities of those same systems.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high demand and dynamic work environment;
- Attention to detail and a high degree of personal organization;
- Responsive and responsible attitude;
- Must be proficient in communication, both verbal and written;
- A demonstrated passion for customer service is a must.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Must have legal rights to work in Philippines.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.