Hillsboro, OR - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
In accordance with post orders and site access control policies, the Patrol Agent greets and processes all incoming employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's lobby. The Agent will provide concierge services and must be familiar with all aspects of the local community including geography, directions, and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and provide alternative recommendations. The position includes supervisory responsibilities to ensure that the new hire orientation, on-going training, and overall employee performance meet the client's service expectations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Control access to the client's lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channels measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat intelligence.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- Conduct inspections (scheduled and unscheduled).
- Complete employee scheduling and adherence to schedule protocols.
- Instruct Security Agents on the post duties and conduct tours of the grounds and facility prior to their first day assignment.
- Ensure all Security Agents read, understand, and adhere to the instructions pertaining to post assignments.
- Provide on-going performance feedback.
- Manage the continuous in-service training program including new employee instruction and changed procedures.
- Ensure that Security Agents meet all mandated training requirements prior their first day assignment and actively participate in site safety programs.
- Communicate to the client's security team and/or appropriate management personnel regarding new Security Agents and/or post changes.
- Ensure documented Emergency Procedures (i.e.: Red Books) are kept current and that employees are in compliance.
- As requested, assist with the completion of the monthly service report.
- Complete all necessary administrative tasks and reporting functions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate's degree preferred with two or more years of concierge-level security services experience. Prior military/law enforcement background is highly desirable. Current Oregon Armed DPSST License and Oregon CHL permit.
- Concierge-level security services experience.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, radio, cellphone, email, text, etc.).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Experience with and working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations through effective communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Advanced observation skills; able to use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community; geography, amenities, and services.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour, with short notice.
- Frequent lifting and moving up to 5 pounds and occasionally up to 30 pounds.
- Shift work including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.