Accounts Payable Manager
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Accounts Payable Manager manages all accounts payable activities for Pinkerton, ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, and maintains accurate records and control reports. The Manager maintains timely contact with employees, vendors, and clients.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain effective procedures and controls over Accounts Payable and procurement processes while ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships to ensure accurate set-up of new records and compliance controls for changes of existing records;
- Partner with the service delivery teams regarding the on-going vendor/supplier relationships.
- Manage invoice work-flow process for approvals, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Manage month-end accounts payable close processes to ensure tasks are completed timely and in accordance with corporate time frames.
- Prepare and/or approve foreign withholding 1042 forms and 1099 forms.
- Assist with identifying transactions that require use tax self-assessment.
- Work closely with the accounting team and business partners to answer questions and support the business.
- Assist in quarterly reviews, periodic audits, and prepare audit schedules, as necessary.
- Identify issues causing inefficiencies and proactively implement process improvements to streamline Accounts Payable processes.
- Perform special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis, as required
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree with a minimum of three years of Accounts Payable experience and at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Experienced with electronic vendor payments via ACH/wire.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.