Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Accountant will evaluate and interpret financial accounting principles and statements including balance, revenue, and cash flow. The Accountant is responsible for performing financial planning and analysis, consolidation and forecasts, and budgets and financial statement preparation.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Evaluate and interpret financial accounting principles and participate in preparation of financial statements.
- Analyze and monitor various transactions and accounting subledgers.
- Prepare required analysis and reports.
- Manage GL tasks including posting journal entries, reconciling monthly balance sheets accounts, and account analysis.
- Execute banking transactions and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Record and track fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Prepare and file tax returns for sales and use tax and property tax.
- Interpret and implement new accounting systems and procedures for assigned areas.
- Contribute to the process improvements throughout the department.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least two years of accounting experience within a multinational company. CPA license and/or CPA candidate is preferred.
- LATAM accounting experience, preferred.
- Experienced with ERP system implementations, preferred.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.