Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
Mexico City, Federal District - Mexico
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
Business Intelligence and Data Analytics will produce actionable & compelling metrics and reports based on business intelligence, data analysis, algorithms, and automated processes to inform and interact with business leaders to support decision making.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Work under limited supervision with internal and external teams to understand, interpret and analyze Physical Security, Investigations, and Enterprise Resiliency data to support the SRO Metrics & Reporting function, specifically focusing on the Global Security Operations team.
- Apply a broad range of techniques and theories from business intelligence, data analysis & visualization, statistics, predictive analytics and machine learning to deliver actionable business insights based on large-scale data.
- Develop visually appealing and intuitive dashboards that provide visibility into key performance, risk and control health indicators across all SRO areas and business units.
- Define, capture, enrich, explore and prep data to support desired metrics monitoring and reports.
- Leverage variable/algorithm selection, predictive and behavioral analytics to identify emerging risks and issues beyond operating controls.
- Deliver quality results and presentations under short timelines.
- Interpret and communicate analytical insights to customers and executives with various analytical backgrounds using different but suitable communication altitudes for different audiences.
- Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools (we primarily use Tableau & Power BI), databases and SQL, SIEM solutions (we primarily use Splunk), and various job associated programming languages to support data analysis and predictive analytics.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in related field required, Master's degree a plus. 5+ years of related experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Analytics, or similar field.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using technical and statistical analysis skills to deliver clear, concise, and visually appealing management metrics and reports to inform decision making and actions.
- Ability to continually learn new concepts and tools to support job needs and strives for ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work in a team environment, lead and influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to operative effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Results driven and accountability minded.
- Prior experience with Information Security, Resiliency and Physical Security technology solutions and data sets preferred.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software.
- Strong coding experience in Python preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for pre-employment review.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.