Insider Risk Security Investigator
Remote, Remote - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Insider Risk Investigator is responsible for investigations ranging from minor matters to very complex issues. The Investigator performs investigations including but not limited to; theft, misuse of client assets, systems and policies, and threat-related misconduct.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete the processes, analysis, and reporting related to a wide variety of investigations including, but not limited to;
- Theft, vandalism, and criminal mischief.
- Misuse of client assets, systems, and policies.
- Threat-related misconduct.
- Analyze technical information to advance insider risk investigations.
- Interview witnesses.
- Prepare finalized investigative documentation.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High school diploma with five or more years of investigative experience, or a Bachelor's degree with three years of experience, or a Master's degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company will be considered.
- Law enforcement and/or corporate investigative experience.
- Strong computer investigation skills.
- Able to handle large, complex investigations involving cross-group collaboration.
- Knowledge of internet crime investigation processes and use of related databases.
- Basic knowledge of computer forensics/recovery and analysis, preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to partner with internal departments, investigative groups, and law enforcement agencies.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Able to work independently.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.