Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Billing Specialist will create invoices for Pinkerton clients, open billable events into the accounting software and manage those events with the Directors to ensure accurate monthly expenses and revenue. The Specialist reviews the aging accounts receivable regularly and sends client 30-day reminders. Additionally, this position assists with payroll-related tasks including communicating corrections, off cycle check requests, and completes employee timesheet data entry.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Communicate pay corrections and request off cycle checks through the Payroll department.
- Collect employee timesheets and forward to the Payroll department for processing.
- Create client invoices.
- Assign case numbers and complete data entry of timesheets and associated costs.
- Open billable matters per location.
- Generate invoices, based on specific client requirements.
- Review invoices and send to the assigned client contacts.
- Partner with each Director to closely manage billable matters and ensure monthly expenses and revenue match.
- Schedule weekly or monthly conference calls to review billable matters and discuss concerns or necessary next steps.
- Maintain LOEs and contractor agreements.
- Prepare accurate communication via email to employees, Directors, and clients.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree preferred with a minimum of three years of billing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Billing experience.
- Accounts receivable experience, preferred.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Accounting software experience, Elite preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.