San Ramon, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Intelligence Analyst, assigned to a specific client's Global Security Information Center, will be responsible for monitoring worldwide events in real-time and assess the real or potential impact upon the personnel, property, operations, reputation, and/or assets. The Analyst provides accurate and timely notification of these threats to all necessary persons and generates reports based on an educated analysis and/or understanding of the data.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Utilize internal and external systems and information to monitor global risks (such as natural disasters, security incidents, terrorist events, geopolitical situations) that could adversely impact the client's personnel, travelers, assets, facilities and/or reputation;
- Determine the scope of an incident and its potential impact on business operations.
- Interact with the client's leadership, Global Security members, and business unit representatives to deliver and receive pertinent situation information.
- Determine and implement research methods best suited to gather information on emerging threats or incidents and provide leadership with the best data in order to make critical decisions.
- Interact with regional global security experts to understand local risk issues, as well as local business unit contacts to understand the scope of operations.
- Initiate life safety accountability program in response to incidents.
- Develop and manage communications to key stakeholders throughout an incident life-cycle including executive situation reports, web site updates, presentations, emails and phone calls.
- Interact directly with employees facing various emergencies and provide information to assist in their safety and security.
- Collect, analyze, and share information to support Global Security investigations and operations.
- Maintain systems and data used within the Global Security Information Center.
- Provide guidance to contract staff while on shift.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferred in international relations, emergency management, political science or related field with at least one to three years of analytical, investigative, emergency response, security or geopolitical assessment or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Analytical, investigative, emergency response, security or geopolitical assessment experience.
- GIS mapping systems experience.
- Experience with travel risk management, preferred.
- Knowledge of contingency planning writing procedures, preferred.
- Travel risk management experience, preferred.
- Able to identify and solve complex problems by analyzing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong interest in current events and world affairs.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures within U.S. and non-U.S. locations.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Action orientated.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, Power BI and Planner, web-based software, and various audio-visual tools.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 operation, with work schedule flexibility, to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.