Senior GSOC Operator
Belmont, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Global Security Operations Center Operator will oversee the daily operations of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The Operator will vet potential and/or actual crisis response activations, as well as provide analysis on intelligence gathered.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in the buildout of strategic projects related to Global Security.
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and client specific intelligence gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets and reputation.
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and/or operations, and provide periodic and timely reporting.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility and reliability of open-source information.
- Lead the use of new Intelligence products as well as analyze existing intelligence tools to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct preliminary investigations on identified threat actors.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Monitor and investigate physical security alarms and CCTV.
- Communicate with Senior Security Management on matters related to employee welfare, global incidents, operational issues and critical situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
At least two years of experience working in a GSOC or Security environment, preferably pertaining to intelligence analysis. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Global Security Operations Center experience.
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research skills: ability to intake, evaluate and sift large quantities of information.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations.
- Familiarity with standard security communication protocols and security tools.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with highly confidential information towards all security related matters.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current world events.
- Strong personal initiative, ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.