Project Support Engineer
Remote, Remote - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Project Support Engineer will work as part of our embedded EMEA Security Systems team for one of our Fortune 500 customers. Utilising your electronic security technical expertise, you will undertake a wide variety of tasks for the team which include design support, programming, evaluation, commissioning, break-fix triaging, maintenance validation and verification of systems to ensure compliance with our customer requirements, processes and standards. This is home office based role.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Assist the Security Consultant(s) and/or Security Project Manager(s) with technical security related items or project tasks throughout the lifecycle of the project, ensuring compliance with Global Security design requirements, standards, processes and quality is maintained throughout.
- Review submitted pre-programming sheet(s) for accuracy, highlighting any discrepancies back to the Security Project Manager and once finalised program and configure the system in advance of the commissioning process.
- On projects which have existing security systems in place (such as Moves, adds or changes) perform pre project technical reviews to identify any considerations or existing devices that may need attention during the project.
- During commissioning, you will test the system with the Security Project Manager, verifying hardware has been installed, validate its functioning correctly and in accordance with the specified system requirements prior to completing documentation.
- Post commissioning you will perform periodic system reviews and checks to ensure the system continues to perform in line with expectations and provide feedback to the Security Project Manager of any issues.
- Where required you will provide first line support for the EMEA region on Service Support (Break-Fix) items, ensuring escalate via the appropriate process and provide technical verification that repairs have been completed correctly by our Security Vendor(s).
- Where required conduct pre-maintenance activities such as site signal reviews and documentation checks prior to Security Vendor attendance.
- Support special projects as instructed.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
5+ years of experience gained in an engineering capacity of installing, servicing, commissioning, technical support role, managing the deployment of integrated physical electronic security systems. With a good understanding of security systems Analog and IP CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion – intimate knowledge of Lenel (certified to a minimum of professional level), Milestone and Galaxy is also desirable.
- Engineering-related experience. With a good understanding of enterprise security in a business environment.
- You focus on detail and ensure a right first-time approach by making sure your work is accurate and error free. You follow processes, operating firmly within set standards, rules and guidelines.
- AutoCAD LT experience for creation and manipulation of 2D security layout designs.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work assignment effectively.
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Able to work in fast paced environment against competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Serve as a positive team player.
- IT proficient with strong computer skills; Microsoft Office and Project.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.