Country Security Manager
Nairobi, Nairobi - Kenya
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Country Security Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client's security operations, programs, and personnel, based at the Kenya headquarters.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage security-related operations while supporting and advising the client on strategic and tactical applications for the physical security of all personnel and the infrastructure.
- Manage operational security aspects for all Kenyan sites to ensure safe and secure working environments where employees can realize their full potential.
- Serve as a site security expert for local business partners.
- Act as liaison between the Global Security team and local personnel, in all areas of life safety and security.
- Meet with site leaders, local executives, and business unit heads to understand their objectives.
- Develop plans to mitigate risk exposure, improve employee safety, and ensure business unit success.
- Establish the Safety & Security staffing model and monitor all financial spending.
- Guide, assist, monitor, and counsel the security team.
- Ensure all Security Officers have clearly defined tasks and that development needs are addressed through training, development, or coaching.
- Manage the on-going quality production through effective leadership and direction.
- Ensure the standards of service delivery, reporting, and budgetary objectives meet or exceed expectations.
- Encourage a collaborative approach to meet organizational expectations.
- Provide internal and external customer support.
- Ensure all security operations are effective for the safety of the client's personnel and their customers.
- Oversee and support all agents/vendors and ensure they consistently meet, or exceed, project contracts and deadlines. This should include visits to complete/review.
- Site security survey plans
- Security assessments
- Site specific risk/threat analysis
- Emergency response plans and associated documents
- Training awareness programs
- Provide operational support through the completion of risk/threat assessments and guidance during crisis management situations.
- Maintain a network of communication to support operational effectiveness.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Education Diploma or equivalent with at least five years of leading security teams within a large corporate environment.
- Experienced in leading a diverse team of security personnel.
- Able to make sound security decisions with minimum management oversight.
- Able to interpret and implement security operational procedures in support of business operations.
- Understanding of the security role within a corporate environment.
- Able to work in a matrix environment with local and remote access.
- Operational knowledge of guard force management, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Lenel security system experience, preferred.
- Able to evaluate complex issues, influence leaders, and create workable solutions vertically and horizontally.
- Able to inspire, motivate, and lead a complex organization.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to create programs that drive a positive brand impression and improve work experiences.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to respond efficiently to changing demands and circumstances.
- Maintain a constructive attitude in times of stress or in ambiguous situations.
- Able to work through conflicts of interests and establish effective solutions.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Standing, sitting, and/or walking.
- Travel, as needed.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.