Business Analyst- Virtual Reality Developer
New York, NY - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Analyst Virtual Reality Developer is responsible for building custom virtual reality apps and experiences for end users while driving design and implementation for proposed playful and creative projects for experience in AR or VR.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Build virtual reality applications and experiences for end users.
- Prototype new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel.
- Coordinate a number of different technical and design-oriented procedures while engaging in the more elusive but critical aspect of creative development in support of the crafting and elaboration of brand identity and effective creative designs.
- Contribute ideas and projects to client growth and expansion.
- Apply intensive analytic concepts and research and planning techniques of graphic design, advertising design, visual communications and related fields.
- Explore and adopt changing technology in preparedness for and to accommodate evolving project needs.
- Assist with project management and progress tracking.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering with three or more years of development and data visualization experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Strong data visualization and UX Design skills.
- Computer skills; C++, C#, Unity 3D, Rift, VIVE, Quest, Gear VR.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.