Security Operations Center Lead
Austin, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Operations Center Lead, assigned to a specific client, will be responsible for account administration and the effective operations, communication and coordination with Security Operations Center (SOC) facilities globally. The Lead is responsible for global security services training and procedures, including crisis management, client service, problem resolution, and service delivery enhancement.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect and mitigate all risks, threats and vulnerabilities to safeguard people, assets, product and property; to maintain continuity of operations and ensure profitability.
- Assist in the selection, orientation, development, and retention of staff in compliance with applicable guidelines;
- Counsel Officers and supervisors regarding job performance.
- Administer disciplines as required, ensuring fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Develop, implement, manage, advise, survey or audit all security programs, policies and procedures.
- Support the administration, documentation, maintenance, and troubleshooting electronic security technology to include access control systems and video management systems, as well as providing training and support.
- Serve as the central resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the client's physical security policies, procedures and practices for protection confidence and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
- Establish ongoing communication with senior leadership on the status of security issues, evolving risks and related recommendations.
- Contract for, manage, develop or provide performance oversight for all security service providers, consultants and contractors.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of all security programs and personnel.
- Support leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs, including planning and conducting exercises with local first responders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate government and law enforcement agencies.
- Serve as lead or technical support for major incident investigations involving security and safety related issues.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related proven practices and technology.
- All other duties, as required.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in business/security management, law enforcement, or a related field and three to five years of physical security management, Fusion Center, or GSOC experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Guard force management and team building skills.
- Results-oriented and commitment focused.
- Experience with access control and video management systems; Lenel and CCure, preferred.
- Extensive corporate risk management or intelligence experience.
- Strong experience in the management of corporate security practices and programs.
- Excellent planning and organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively, both written and verbal, at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member and project leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environments.
- Strong experience in handling crisis management procedures.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Ability to work all shifts in a 24/7 atmosphere.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.