Internal Communications Manager
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and curating communication content, for all channels and products, including the digital channels and platforms. In addition to content management, the role would support team communications, and global/regional event communications and engagement activities.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop and curate content that drives engagement with employees, stakeholders and customers.
- Lead a community of content creators and subject matter experts across the organization to share best practice and identify emerging needs.
- Pursue a deep understanding of the strategic goals to create proactive communication.
- Translate business needs into communications materials.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies, to define and deliver on communication objectives.
- Support team communications, and global/regional event communications and engagement activities.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications through digital analytics, surveys, and other key performance indicators.
- Create content libraries to improve the communications experience for our employees, ensure the content is current, relevant and that the best technology platform is used.
- Support the identification, development, and integration of new technologies or initiatives, relating to communication
- Be responsible for the on-time, in-scope and on-budget delivery of communication outcomes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelordegree in a relatable field (communications, journalism, marketing, etc.), with five or more years of experience in a role demonstrating high internal communications needs and implementing internal communications plans and programs, or editorial experience in written, audio, visual and marketing content.
- Communications experience.
- Able to edit and coordinate digital content.
- Developing/implementing communications plans and programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with content management, production and email management tools.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend effective solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.