Austin, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
In accordance with post orders and site access control policies, the Security Agent greets and processes all incoming employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's lobby.The Agent will provide concierge services and must be familiar with all aspects of the local community including geography, directions, and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and provide alternative recommendations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Control access to the client's lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, biological/chemical threats, workplace violence, fires, building evacuations, electrical power failures, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and all other emergencies.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channels measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat intelligence.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate's degree preferred with two or more years of concierge-level security services experience. Current State of Texas Level 4 personal protection officer license is required.
- Current State of Texas level 4 personal protection officer license is required.
- Concierge-level security services experience.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, radio, cellphone, email, text, etc.).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Experience with and working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations through effective communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Advanced observation skills; able to use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community; geography, amenities, and services.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.