Supply Chain Intelligence Analyst
Washington, DC - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Supply Chain Intelligence Analyst, assigned to a specific client, will advise on all intelligence matters pertaining to their supply chain. The position requires a good working knowledge of logistics and supply chain.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct all source collection and research, analyze, evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Conduct day-to-day business analysis supporting supply chain management.
- Perform “What if" analyses to aid in optimal scheduling, priorities and decision making.
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to potential threats to supply chains.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting information and making decisions for supply chains.
- Prepare and present briefings on projects, studies and analyses to mid/high level managers.
- Discerns patterns of complex behavior; provides accurate understanding of present and future threats to supply chains.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Provide critical front-line intelligence support to investigative and operational personnel.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into actionable reports.
- Analyze intelligence information and other resources related to terrorist and other organized crime groups.
- Prepare threat assessments on upcoming major events.
- Identify information gaps.
- Develop and deliver customer specific presentations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with three or more years of supply chain and/or investigations experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong program management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Able to handle and secure confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of access control and physical security systems.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Successful track record of managing third party vendors.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain trade security initiatives.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or vendors.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and third-party vendors occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.