Executive Protection Driver
New York, NY - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Executive Protection Driver provides for the welfare, physical protection and security of a client by performing executive protection and/or transportation assignments.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide safe and secure vehicle transportation to C-Level executives;
- Receive and and/or prepare appropriate documentation for the delivery and/or pick-up of executives.
- Complete route planning/reconnaissance and mobile security.
- Consult maps and/or navigation devices for desired routes.
- Advise the executive passengers of potential delays due to traffic or construction and adjust route when possible to meet arrival time.
- Perform executive protection assignments, as required.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external customers, office staff, and the public.
- Coordinate vehicle record, maintenance logs, and daily activity reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of three years of executive protection and security driving experience. Military, police or detective experience prefered. NYS Guard Card us required.
- Executive protection and security driving experience.
- Emergency Vehicle Operations course completion, preferred.
- Defensive driving certification, preferred.
- Able to follow operation plans and manage trip requirements with little or no supervision.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Able to remain calm under stressful driving conditions.
- Ability to use good judgment and act in a decisive manner in emergency situations.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Customer service orientated.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, and/or the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.