Content Marketing Writer
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Content Marketing Writer will be responsible with the coordination and participation in Marketing projects, while also collaborating with the Marketing Director to develop and maintain long-term content.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Coordinate and participate in department projects;
- Propose project scope, timeline, and associated deadlines.
- Review, follow-up, and complete assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to develop and maintain long-term content marketing strategy and growth.
- Ensure brand and tone consistency with copywriting and editing.
- Responsible for research, copywriting, and editing of blog posts, emails, landing pages, promotional materials, video scripts, presentations, collateral, and more.
- Audit and manage content library;
- Assess needs and opportunities for new content.
- Revise current content to support marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with creative functions on campaigns, assets, templates, etc.
- Communicate effectively and establish strong working relationships with marketing agencies, internal stakeholders, and vendors.
- Conduct industry and competitor research to share for content opportunities.
- Optimize content according to SEO best practices.
- Assist with maintaining editorial calendar.
- Advise on best practices for producing content for a variety of channels and tactics.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least four years of marketing writing, communications, and content creation experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Marketing communications and/or public relations experience
- Able to write original content that meets or exceeds corporate standards.
- Solid project management skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Knowledge of content strategy best practices.
- Knowledge of marketing tools and social media platforms.
- Above-average knowledge of graphic design.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Suite.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Frequent sitting.
- Occasional evenings and weekends to support proposal schedules and submission deadlines.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.