Event Security Specialist | South Asia
Gurgaon, Haryana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Event Security Specialist will support and manage all security operations for internal and external events for Global Security Services. As a representative for APAC, the role will work collaboratively with regional key stakeholders, external agencies, other APAC Global Security teams and various departments.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Point of Contact for internal and external GSS throughout South Asia.
- Working with the APAC events team to align APAC and global standards.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate emerging risks and/or upcoming internal and external events that may impact the people, assets and reputation of the client.
- Lead engagements with South Asia Client event organizers, vendors, clients & agencies to establish regional and global security standards, processes and requirements.
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge and awareness of a range of security assets and their operational deployment to target harden, reduce vulnerability & risk.
- Manage and Coordinate all aspects of protective security by looking at an event holistically from the risk posed by fixation, protest, criminal activity, lone activists or terrorism.
- Develop event SOP relevant for site-specific requests e.g. event registration to ensure event teams are aligned across the region and to enhance the guest experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including local law enforcement personnel, business representatives and other government agencies to maintain security, service and operational excellence.
- Develop and maintain on-site/off-site event security plan (manning and deployment) based on requirements and risk to minimize the threat, managing vulnerability while mitigating risk to the business.
- Work as part of a broader team of Event Coordinators in APAC and across multiple time zones.
- Manage the South Asia Brand Ambassador program supporting onsite and offsite events.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Graduate with a minimum of five years of experience in Security and Events.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to coach and motivate individuals to correct or improve performance.
- Proven ability to influence key business partners.
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to work in and define ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with a strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly skilled in organizing and coordinating several deliverables at once.
- The ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing in English, ability to communicate in writing the second language would be an advantage.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Will be required to travel regularly to support events and security coordination.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.