Senior Threat Analyst
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Senior Threat Analyst (STA) investigates, analyzes, interprets, and communicates information from a variety of sources to identify and assess inappropriate communications and threats directed toward high-value people and assets to mitigate potential targeted acts of violence. The STA will support Global Security Investigations and Executive Threat Program Managers with critical analysis to enhance threat investigations, the assessment of risks and threats, social media monitoring, situational and domain awareness, analyzing risk profiles, and other support as needed. STAs will use their expert knowledge of the threat landscape to produce value-added products and help maintain analytic integrity and standards within the team.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Investigate, research, and resolve internal and external issues related to various threats against high-value people and assets.
- Produce high quality, timely, and tailored threat assessments for internal stakeholders while managing sensitive or confidential data.
- Monitor all-source information to proactively identify and assess likelihood and severity of threats.
- Monitor Persons of Interest who may pose a threat of violence to high-value people or assets.
- Conduct open-source social media searches; utilizing social media research, public record research and third-party databases to build leads.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Collaborate internally with cross functional groups such as legal, customer support, and engineering, to enhance processes, workflows, tools, and system functionality.
- Support senior management updates, including but not limited to strategic, tactical, and operational threats of concern, and briefing key assessments.
- Integrate results and draw significant conclusions from selected analytical approaches to prepare finished assessment or investigative products.
- Conduct comprehensive research on complex topics either independently or as part of a larger analytical effort.
- Identify threat assessment and management gaps and prepare detailed specifications for collection.
- Lead in the preparation, drafting, and delivery of quarterly and annual analytic review assessment.
- Support the management of information, presentation of information, and production of graphics.
- Assist with training and mentoring new analysts and investigators on threat management processes and deliverables.
- Guide and sharpen the analytic line in assessments, where possible and feasible.
- Conduct quality checks before products go to leadership for endorsement.
- Initiate, execute and maintain relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Safeguard and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Represent threat management in joint task force/government think-tanks, as directed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field and/or formal corporate, government, military, or law enforcement protective intelligence/threat assessment training (a combination of formal education and experience in government or corporate protective intelligence/threat assessment programs will be considered).
- OSINT experience required.
- Industry relevant certifications preferred, including CTM, CPP, PCI, PSP, etc.
- Experience with software, databases, social media platforms, and heat/target mapping required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing publicly available information from a deep web and dark web perspective.
- Experience utilizing open source and proprietary applications preferred.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to build consensus and influence decision-makers.
- Effective analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft 365 suite of applications. Strong familiarization with SharePoint, Power BI, SQL Server, and related technology tools and information sources preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all Essential Functions:
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting and/or walking.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour, with short notice.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.