Executive Protection Agent
Salt Lake City, UT - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Executive Protection Agent will provide for the welfare, physical protection, and security of a high-profile client by performing armed and/or unarmed executive protection assignments.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments;
- Lead counter surveillance operations.
- Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments.
- Transport the client and/or family members to events and appointments, using evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed.
- Effectively manage the client and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions.
- Respond to emergencies and perform medical operations, as needed.
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client's residence and/or events;
- Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete suspicious activity reports, incident reports. shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements.
- Ensure vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times.
- Assist with protection schedules and team assignments.
- Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment;
- Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least five years of executive protection experience including advance planning, surveillance and counter surveillance operations, and security driving for high net-worth clients. Utah guard card and CCW required.
- Executive protection experience with high net-worth principals.
- Defensive driving tactics training/experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Effective independent judgmentanddecision-making ability.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Concierge-level customer service skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walkingfor long periods of timeand may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour,with short notice.
- Frequent lifting and moving up to5 pounds and occasionally up to30pounds.
- Shift workincluding evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.