GSOC Shift Lead
Washington, DC - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Shift Lead oversees GSOC analysts for the client, which has employees and offices worldwide. The GSOC shift lead receives operational direction from the GSOC Manager/Supervisors and is responsible for coordinating shift operations ensuring that essential security monitoring and threat mitigation functions are performed according to established protocols, and performs required administrative functions.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Supervise and coordinate the daily activities across GSOC functions, to include but not limited to;
- Initial command element during emergency or crisis situations.
- Internal alarm monitoring, trace and response.
- Video surveillance.
- Access control support.
- External threat monitoring.
- Rapid communication with employees and stakeholders.
- Physical security system operational audits.
- Produces analytical reporting from access control system to assess effectiveness of controls and culture of security.
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and/or operations.
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and client specific intelligence gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets and reputation.
- Support other programs, including;
- Insider Threat.
- Business continuity.
- Health and safety.
- Travel security.
- Executive security.
- Physical Security Threat Analyst Team.
- Monitor and report on a wide range of issues pertaining to global security, such as;
- Natural disasters.
- Crime incidents and trends.
- Pandemic and health related incidents.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility and reliability of open source information.
- Communicate with senior security management on matters related to employee welfare, global incidents, operational issues and critical situations.
- Supervise the identification, investigation, and case management of incidents involving the partnership organizations.
- Support investigations through the collection of intelligence related to threats originating from external sources, as well internal incidents and issues such as theft, vandalism, and workplace violence.
- Provide credible, timely, and actionable intelligence information to operators and business decision makers.
- Provide intelligence in support of events and personal protection assignments, including executive protection.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of their team members, and coordinates training and coaching for new and existing personnel.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree and at least three to five years of experience in GSOC, law enforcement, or military functions. Advanced knowledge of security system applications and integration.
- GSOC experience.
- Familiarity with standard security communication protocols and security applications.
- Experience in investigations and intelligence collection.
- Developed investigative and analytical skills specific to a corporate high-tech environment.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Protection of confidential business information and critical assets.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, Excel formulas, (API, Webhooks) is a plus.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.