Washington, DC - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Analyst will perform essential security monitoring and threat mitigation functions for the client, which has employees and offices worldwide. The GSOC Analyst performs tactical level threat intelligence functions to include collection of intelligence information and tracking physical threat activities which directly or indirectly affect employees, facilities and interests globally.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and client specific intelligence gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets and reputation.
- Perform the following core functions;
- Serve as initial command element during emergency or crisis situations.
- Internalalarm monitoring, trace and response.
- Video surveillance.
- Access control support.
- External threat monitoring.
- Rapid communication with employees and stakeholders.
- Physical security system operational audits.
- Produces analyticalreporting from access control system to assess effectiveness of controls and culture of security.
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and/or operations.
- Support other client programs, including;
- Insider Threat.
- Business continuity.
- Health and safety.
- Travel security.
- Executive security.
- Physical Security Threat Analyst Team.
- Monitor and report on a wide range of issues pertaining to global security, such as;
- Natural disasters.
- Crime incidents and trends.
- Pandemic and health related incidents.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility and reliability of open source information.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Track, document and report progress on projects and initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Communicate with Senior Security Management on matters related to employee welfare, global incidents, operational issues and critical situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree with at least two years of experience working in a GSOC environment. Advanced knowledge of security system applications and integration is a plus.
- GSOC experience.
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research skills: ability to intake, evaluate and sift large quantities of information.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations.
- Familiarity with standard security communication protocols and security tools.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with highly confidential information towards all security related matters.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current world events.
- Strong personal initiative, ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.