Human Resources Director- East
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Human Resources Director is a hands-on role that will provide support to Pinkerton's East region. The Director communicates with field management and employees as it relates to benefits, employee relations, and recruitment/hiring activities. This role partners with Pinkerton's corporate HR and Talent Acquisition leaders to ensure the delivery of consistent policies and programs.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide guidance to Pinkerton's East region management teams;
- Serve as their trusted HR advisor.
- Oversee the daily activities of the region Human Resources Specialist.
- Assist with employee changes (terminations promotions, increases, and transfers), and prepare/send the necessary paperwork;
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of employee changes into the payroll system and Wage Sheet.
- Advise employees and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage FMLA, ADA, and personal leaves;
- Communicate timely with employees and maintain documentation as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Manage worker's compensation claims, communicate timely with employees, and maintain documentation as required applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist with the annual benefit open enrollment process including employee communication and document maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with all department related tasks, employee issues, and/or Company information.
- Actively engage with Human Resources leadership;
- Maintain regular contact regarding issues/concerns and seek input.
- Suggest ideas for increased efficiency and employee engagement.
- Oversee and actively assist with the region's recruitment activities including;
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Global Director to implement best practices.
- Complete Applicant Tracking System (ATS) processes.
- Complete or oversee candidate review and phone screening.
- Manage onboarding tasks.
- Complete weekly Jobs Report requirements.
- Assist with corporate Human Resources project implementation, as requested.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree with at least five years of broad multi-state human resources management and recruiting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. HRCI or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Able to carry out multiple assignments with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.