Security Operator II
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Asset Operator II is assigned to the Virtual Security Operations Center (VSOC) and will provide monitoring and oversight of secure sites. Security Asset Operators are responsible for adhering to all VSOC procedures and processes, basic alarm and system operations, alarm and incident escalation, customer service, and dispatching Tier I, II, and III activities. Security Operators will edit and send documentation logs for alarm and report incidents. Security Asset Operators are responsible for monitoring zone device audit review and escalation.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide oversight and additional monitoring specifically to secure sites currently in the system, and as they come online, and can be monitored by the VSOC.
- Ensure that any alarms originating from secure sites are reviewed and that the proper notifications are made to the correct contacts in accordance with requirements.
- Review any potential anomalous activity that may be identified from alarm signals, or by site contacts, within an immediate time frame.
- Work closely with the SAS team to remain up to date on activities and locations.
- Work closely with VSOC management and personnel to ensure understanding of secure site monitoring responsibilities during Operator off hours.
- Ensure monitoring responsibilities and understanding with the Security Asset Operator I.
- Review device tree and cameras to ensure cameras are operational and show the required view.
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding security issues, service questions, and general customer concerns.
- Appropriately document actions, calls, dispatches, and emails.
- Create dispatch activities and dispatch security officers for Tier I, II, and III activities.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all processes, procedures, and policies.
- Operate a variety of communications equipment, including radio consoles, telephones, and computer systems.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including scheduling and preparing documents.
- Serve as a resource during emergencies or crisis situations.
- Support, create, and distribute approved outgoing communications to various business groups.
- Triage and escalate life safety and asset protection issues appropriately.
- Work with the management team to stay up to date on procedural knowledge and informed of any changes.
- Perform intermediate incident messaging for system outages and internal emergency notifications.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate's degree preferred with two years of experience in customer service. Two years of experience as an Operator or several years of security, military, law enforcement, and/or emergency services experience. Several years of experience within a call center, control room, or dispatch center, preferred.
- Security, military, law enforcement, or emergency services experience.
- Proficient in dispatch tools including desktop radio, handheld radio, and computer aided dispatch software.
- Experienced in processes and procedures in understanding all dispatch tiers and SLAs, HVA dispatch procedures, and Responder/Campus Zones.
- Proficient in enterprise map tools, computer aided dispatch software, space and security tools, hand-held radios, radio software, VOIP phone software, ticket escalation systems, documentation logs, basic video monitoring software, basic alarm and system monitoring software, basic signal processing, basic traveler data software.
- Certified in building administration, call taking, escalation, building access control, Tier II and III security requests, security messaging, traveler data requests, vehicle registration utility.
- Able to assist with building evacuation and failover procedures.
- Knowledge of 24/7 security monitoring operations.
- Call center, control room, or dispatch experience.
- Skilled in basic alarm and system management including alarm response, business rules, and monitoring zones.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.