Toronto, Ontario - Canada
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
In accordance with post orders and site access control policies, the Security Agent greets and processes all incoming employees, visitors, and vendors into the client's lobby. The Agent will respond to emergencies, provide environmental services, and must be familiar with all aspects of the local community including geography, directions, and amenities in order to answer questions, resolve concerns, and provide alternative recommendations.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Control access to the client's lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- Provide patient watch services and assist with environmental care to specific residents.
- Ensure safety directly relating to violent outbursts of assigned patient.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Diploma and/or college with a minimum of one to two years of security experience. Ontario Security License with CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Security experience.
- Smart Serve training, a plus.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written, radio, cellphone, email, and text.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, and alarm monitoring.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.