New York, NY - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Lead Agent will oversee the daily shift operations including supervision of personnel, scheduling, training, and performance management. Daily operations include response to emergencies, provide concierge services and access control oversight regarding to incoming employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide oversight for the selection, orientation, development, and retention of high caliber staff;
- Plan and direct the work of staff as well as on-going performance feedback and disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Manage appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with management, as necessary;
- Ensure scheduling is managed effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Develop and implement training for subordinates as directed or required by the client, Pinkerton, or by regulatory or compliance requirements;
- Ensure the completion, tracking, and documentation of all training, as required by both the client and other legal compliance or regulatory requirements.
- Control access to the client lobby through the admittance process;
- Screen visitors, vendors, and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Ensure every interaction (including first time visitors and returning long-term client employees) receive exceptional customer service through warm greetings, suitable recommendations, and improvised solutions, if needed.
- Enforce safety and security policies/procedures.
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, activated alarms, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, suspicious activity, and other incidents or conditions.
- Deescalate tense situations through appropriate security measures and communication channel measures.
- Review CCTV footage, complete patrols, and review threat intelligence.
- Maintain logs, prepare incident reports, and communicate accordingly to client management, life and safety personnel and/or public safety authorities, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree preferred with two or more years of concierge-level security services experience.
- Concierge-level security services experience.
- NYC Security License.
- Applicable state and local license/permits to carry a firearm.
- Basic life savers: CPR/AED certifications.
- Communication skills including; interpersonal, written, radio, cellphone, email, and text.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Working knowledge of access control systems, CCTV, and alarm monitoring.
- Successful problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as a positive team leader.
- Able to manage and defuse difficult, stressful, and/or confrontational situations.
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Knowledgeable of local community including; geography, amenities, and services.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walkingfor long periods of timeand may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Respond to occasional emergency situations, at any hour,with short notice.
- Shift workincluding evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.