Auburn Hills, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Investigator is responsible for conducting comprehensive investigations involving corporate interests including business practices and heath care fraud. The Investigator will conduct covert surveillance operations in an effort to uncover policy violations and fraud.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct objective, thorough and timely investigations into allegations of health care fraud and/or violations of Company policy.
- Conduct covert surveillance from vehicle and on foot.
- Prepare and complete surveillance notes and necessary reports.
- Secure video footage and transfer captured video to other media sources such as DVD or memory card.
- Maintain an assortment of equipment including electronics and motor vehicle.
- Provide testimony in a courtroom setting.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or other related field with a minimum of ten years progressively responsible investigative experience conducting investigations of internal policies or criminal violations and eight years of surveillance experience.
- Internal policy or criminal violation investigative experience.
- Surveillance experience.
- Knowledge of corporate health care disability programs, preferred.
- Able to pass a certified firearms qualification course.
- Advanced vehicular and foot surveillance tactics.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle under stressful conditions.
- Able to blend into surrounding environment as to not attract attention.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to work under stressful conditions on short notice and adjusted work schedules.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, and/or the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.