Security Operator II
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Operator II is assigned to the Virtual Security Operations Center (VSOC) and will determine whether the inquiry is emergent or non-emergent and triage accordingly. Security Operators are responsible for adhering to all VSOC procedures and processes, responsible for adherence to processes and procedures, basic alarm and system operations, alarm and incident escalation, customer service, and dispatching Tier I, II, and III activities.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding security issues, service questions, and general customer concerns.
- Appropriately document actions, calls, dispatches, and emails.
- Create dispatch activities and dispatch security officers for Tier I, II, and III activities.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all processes, procedures, and policies.
- Operate a variety of communications equipment, including radio consoles, telephones, and computer systems.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including scheduling and preparing documents.
- Serve as a resource during emergencies or crisis situations.
- Support, create, and distribute approved outgoing communications to various business groups.
- Triage and escalate life safety and asset protection issues appropriately.
- Work with the management team to stay up to date on procedural knowledge and informed of any changes.
- Provide alarm and incident escalations.
- Provide basic alarm and system operations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate'sdegree preferred with two years of experience in customer service.Six months of experience as an Operator I or one year of security, military, law enforcement,and/or emergency services experience. One year of experience within a call center, controlroom, or dispatch center, preferred.
- Security, military, law enforcement, or emergency services experience.
- Proficient in dispatch tools including desktop radio, handheld radio, and computer aided dispatch software.
- Experienced in processes and procedures in understanding all dispatch tiers and SLAs, HVA dispatch procedures, and Responder/Campus Zones.
- Proficient in enterprise map tools, computer aided dispatch software, space and security tools, hand-held radios, radio software, VOIP phone software, ticket escalation systems, documentation logs, basic video monitoring software, basic alarm and system monitoring software, basic signal processing, basic traveler data software.
- Certified in building administration, call taking, escalation, building access control, Tier II and III security requests, security messaging, traveler data requests, vehicle registration utility.
- Able to assist with building evacuation and failover procedures.
- Knowledge of 24/7 security monitoring operations.
- Call center, control room, or dispatch experience.
- Skilled in basic alarm and system management including alarm response, business rules, and monitoring zones.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.