Facility Security Agent
Las Vegas, NV - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Facility Security Agent, assigned to a specific client, will perform fire, safety, interior and exterior inspections to protect the client's facilities, assets, employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete facility fire and security inspections;
- Inspect and test fire equipment including extinguishers, fire pumps, and fire suppression systems.
- Issue hot work permits.
- Complete Security/Fire Control Reviews and report results to the client's management and Global Security team.
- Assist with emergency response incident management and planning activities;
- Complete comprehensive security reports for incidents involving thefts, misappropriations, fires, shop rules/regulations/violations, accidents, man-made and/or natural disasters, hazardous material spills, and all other emergency scenarios.
- Follow proper protocol when completing preliminary investigations.
- Complete access control tasks including facility authorization of persons and vehicles.
- Identify and escalate irregular conditions and unsafe practices.
- Interact with all internal and external persons in a respectful, tactful, courteous, and alert manner.
- Ensure shop rules and regulations are enforced.
- Respond to requests from the Global Security personnel.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED with law enforcement and/or military experience. NV PILB Guard Card or successfully apply for a card prior to being hired.
- Law enforcement and/or military experience.
- Concierge-level customer service experience.
- Able to complete thorough and accurate reports and investigations.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to read and interpret written rules/regulations, orders, and training instructions.
- Poised, tactful, and diplomatic.
- Able to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment under stressful and emergency situations.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.