Regional EHS Manager
Taipei, Taipei - Taiwan
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Environmental Health & Safety Manager is designated to the Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Taiwan Chengdu, Guangzhou and Xiamen based in Taiwanarea. The Manager will analyze data, develop related processes/programs, and implement with internal stakeholder assistance, to ensure the achievement of global and area EHS goals and objectives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Analyze EHS data and information (e.g. EHS laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices);
- Develop and implement programs to achieve global and area level EHS goals/objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders (Security, Facilities, HR, Workers Comp, etc.) to ensure information on EHS polices are communicated, implemented, and executed among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Manage injury/illness and incident management processes.
- Conducting risk assessments of client's existing portfolio of corporate offices;
- Identify sources of EHS risk and develop remediation and mitigation plans.
- Assist in the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Develop processes and procedures related to EHS for designated region (Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Taiwan) whenever needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or EHS with a minimum of five years of Environment, Health and Safety experience within chemical or pharmaceutical industries. Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin required. Conversational Cantonese, preferred.
- Environment, Health & Safety experience.
- EHS professional certification, local or international.
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness and management in commercial facilities.
- Commercial offices/labs, construction, and/or renovation of commercial facilities/labs experience.
- Thorough understanding of chemical safety management and EMS.
- Program management experience in Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
- Previous work experience in a multinational organization, preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin. Conversational Cantonese, preferred.
- Results orientated and self-starter demeanor.
- Able to provide innovation and value to the EHS programs.
- Able to build relationships and positively influence decision-making.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.