Business Developer (Temporary-Full-Time)
Berlin, Brandenburg - Germany
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Business Developer, working as part of the commercial team, will focus on prospecting, pipeline building, and lead generation for new business activities across Pinkerton's Europe region. This role maximizes each lead and delivers a steady stream of potential clients. *Temporary full-time one-year position.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Grow existing business by enhancing Pinkerton's awareness across Europe through community and corporate networking.
- Assist in driving new business development activities across Europe.
- Partner with Pinkerton European Directors to identify current client structure and white spaces in each respective geography.
- Identify, collect, and curate potential leads from databases, XL, events and social media across different geographies and industries.
- Develop and use CRM practice and tools that capture data effectively and efficiently.
- Qualify potential buying personas at potential accounts and create leads.
- Research prospects and tailor messaging across multiple channels.
- Approach potential leads and organize introductory meetings/calls with the respective Director;
- Manage all follow-up activities directly with prospects and/or the Directors.
- Build and maintain a lead database and pipeline across the region.
- Generate a steady stream of new client/prospect meetings and/or calls for Directors.
- Serve as a Pinkerton ambassador by ensuring all interactions are prompt, polite, and professional.
- Any other duties that may arise.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Graduate with previous business-to-business sales experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Business-to-business sales experience, preferred.
- Fluent English and German with a third language such as Polish, Czech, Dutch, Swedish is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, curious, extroverted, high achiever, diligent.
- Dynamic verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstratable analytical skills.
- Proven sales skills required.
- Able to deal with rejection while being persistent and demonstrating perseverance.
- Able to work alone as well as an effective team member.
- Creative problem solver who seeks new tools and ways to connect and communicate with potential clients.
- Good understanding of Linkedin SalesNavigator, Xing, Facebook and ideally CRM skills (Pipeliner).
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office suite.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.