Brand Protection Investigator
Chongqing, Chongqing - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Brand Protection Investigator will support the Operations team by conducting investigations, organizing and analyzing evidence, and evaluating business processes and case projects.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other Pinkerton Asia agents.
- Design investigative approaches and tactics for review by the supervisor.
- Work in case-specific investigative teams to conduct highly complex investigations.
- Perform investigative preparatory work through data analysis, document review, research, and determination of necessary activities including; interviews, surveys, analyses, and data backups.
- Evaluate business processes and case projects in terms of their risk, correctness, economic feasibility, and quality.
- Prepare investigative reports for review by the manager and recommend further action steps through comprehensive presentations of investigative results.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Sociology, International Trade, Law, Political Science, Market Research, a similar field, or another qualification with a comparable skill set or experience level. At least two years of experience in foreign trade, market research, or investigationsis preferred. For recent graduates with no previous experience, a three-six-month training program will be required. Fluency in English and either Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other Chinese Dialect is required.
- Foreign trade, market research, and/or investigations, preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills; Mandarin, Cantonese, or other Chinese dialect and English.
- Knowledge of investigation techniques, preferred.
- Able to organize and analyze evidence.
- Able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Motivated and initiative driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical planning, critical review, and problem solving skills.
- Able to participate in administrative/law enforcement raids.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, and kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.