Security Network Engineer (Temporary-Full-Time)
Berkshire - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
A Production Technology Engineer embedded with a specific client. The role is to support a Film Production Security team assessing the network & security requirements of each Tier 1 production during the preparation stages and being directly involved in implementing those plans throughout the shoot and post-production periods. The Production Technology Engineer will support technology infrastructure, storage, and network solutions that adhere to Content Security procedures and policies. The Production Technology Engineer will also work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on Networking issues for crew in the studio and on location.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Monitor open source platforms and analyze global events including its impact to assets.
- Monitor for threats against user's open source tools.
- Conduct damage assessments on natural and human-made disasters.
- Send communication to cross-functional partners and complete safety check activations.
- Create operational briefs for leadership, as requested.
- Develop forecast reports on global threats, as requested.
- Investigate potential malicious activity or miscommunication on crisis response user pages;
- Initiate appropriate actions, as necessary.
- All other duties, as assigned.
A master degree in IT with a minimum of 5+ years Networking/IT/Technical film industry experience and/or relevant IT qualifications or equivalent
- Experience working with Arista, Cisco, and/or Palo Alto switches and firewalls.
- Experience working with network configuration and connectivity for Quantum, EMC, or other enterprise storage solutions.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, and MAC layer protocols.
- Experience with Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant).
- Prior experience with SIP/VoIP a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment. Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them; specifically, Python, PowerShell, or Bash shell.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills on all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a high workload.
- Problem solving skills.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.