Production Technology Engineer (Temporary-Full-Time)
Berkshire - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: A Production Technology Engineer embedded with a specific client. The role is to support a Film Production Security team assessing the network & security requirements of each Tier 1 production during the preparation stages and being directly involved in implementing those plans throughout the shoot and post-production periods. The Production Technology Engineer will support technology infrastructure, storage, and network solutions that adhere to Content Security procedures and policies. The Production Technology Engineer will also work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on Networking issues for crew in the studio and on location.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Design & implement networks for transport of camera raw on-premises and in the cloud.
- Design & implement networks for backup and disaster recovery for all pre-release content.
- Design network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for new requirements.
- Design ahead of current customers’ or technology needs, predict and solve for future problems.
- Create and defend High Level Designs (HLD) and architecture diagrams.
- Influence technology roadmaps, construct and test his/her solutions.
- Assist with the design of Wide Area Networks and Local Area Networks.
- Assist with the design of IP Telephony/VoIP systems.
- Troubleshoot Wired, Wireless, and Voice networks.
- Implement global network security policies and standards that support both operational and development activities.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have at least Level 2 (Secondary) qualification or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
A master degree in IT with a minimum of 5+ years Networking/IT/Technical film industry experience and/or relevant IT qualifications or equivalent
- Experience working with Arista, Cisco, and/or Palo Alto switches and firewalls.
- Experience working with network configuration and connectivity for Quantum, EMC, or other enterprise storage solutions.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, and MAC layer protocols.
- Experience with Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant).
- Prior experience with SIP/VoIP a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment. Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them; specifically, Python, PowerShell, or Bash shell.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills on all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a high workload.
- Problem solving skills.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.