EHS Program Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Environmental Health and Safety Program Manager will inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standard. EHS Program Manager goal is to protect the employees, customer and the environment. EHS Program Manager also investigates accidents to identify their cause and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Assist facilities and local safety liaisons to integrate localized environmental health safety guidelines, programs and training.
- Assist in emergency response program delivery (first aid/CPR training, building evacuation team and general emergency response planning.
- Conduct hazard assessments and provide mitigation guidance in accordance to established business practices, manage transverse EHS projects which aim to prevent accidents at customer sites and reduce the environmental impact on operations, products, erected and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Understand and analyze EHS data and information (EHS laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices).
- Conduct risk assessments of existing portfolio of corporate offices, identify of EHS risk and developing remediation and mitigation plans.
- Assist the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Develop processes and procedure related to EHS for specific site.
- Ensure incidents are being reported and investigate; advise on corrective and preventive actions and ensure completion.
- Ensure information on EHS policies are communicated, implemented and executed upon among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Experience in managing programs; fall hazard control, electrical safe work, hazardous energy control (LOTO), machine safeguarding, confined spaces, hot work system impairment and fire protection systems.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School/Matriculation certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with eight to ten years of experience in environment, health and safety management in a corporate environment.
- Industrial safety experience.
- Health & safety-related certification.
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness.
- Knowledgeable in industrial hygiene principles
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Serves as an effective team member.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Health & safety certify.
- Computer Skills; Microsoft Office
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.