Country Security Manager
Ho chi minh, An Giang - Vietnam
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Country Security Lead will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs for safeguarding the client's Vietnam corporate business operations. The Lead is responsible for supporting security operations, safety, and business continuity and emergency response, as well as physical security designinstallation within Vietnam.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- To design and embed security policy and procedures
- To conduct and maintain accurate threat assessments of the project and service areas ensuring that business leaders are current with the threats posed against the organisation
- Assess, evaluate, plan and arrange third party security services;
- Review, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of contracted out security services/resources.
- Conduct security threat/risk assessments and in consultation with the Business Assurance team deploy mitigating security measures to manage identified security threats/risks.
- Design and implement appropriate mitigation to reduce exposure to identified threats to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Develop and oversee standard operating procedures for designs, configuration, and implementation of physical security systems for both people protection and the effective storage and management of prototype and other sensitive devices.
- Continuously review, implement, and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop metrics to improve individual, team, system, and site performance;
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures/processes to be communicated clearly among stakeholders.
- Conduct investigations, audits, special event coordination and other safety, security, or business continuity efforts as business conditions warrant.
- Oversee the delivery of security support products to the organisation footprint throughout the country, including, threat assessments, site security plans, staff training and security contracts, in compliance with the Corporate Security ‘Support to Sales Guideline.
- Design and deliver appropriate ‘security awareness' training sessions for all staff.
- Monitor and support all business travel into and throughout Vietnam.
- Monitor the security environment and take proactive measures to minimize the impact of adverse changes on all client corporate business location within the Vietnam area of responsibility.
- Maintain an active security network with other multi-national companies, private security companies (PSC's), police and relevant government authorities.
- Provide input into and support security project designs and implementation including support of Construction Administration for security fit-outs.
- Create, establish, implement, and validate compliance with security programs across the security spectrum including physical security design standards, security awareness training, and emergency response.
- Identify the need for, recruit and then support additional security capacity as required by threat and materiality
- Complete quality assurance and quality control measures for all contracts with private security companies.
- Support sales and operations with Non-technical risk identification and mitigation development.
- Close cooperation with compliance, support compliance initiatives and implementation
- Ensure the application of security measures, operations, processes and procedures across India is compliant with organisations Core Values, Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- This post will develop, monitor and manage positions such as project security managers (PSM) and other security consultancy posts when required
- Oversee the establishment and management of all contractual agreements with private security companies.
- Internally the post has no direct reports however the role will work alongside business partners in advising, developing, implementing and monitoring security throughout Vietnam.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Senior High School Graduate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age of majority requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Vietnam
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Diploma and/or degree with at least five years of experience operating at an international level in a security management role.
- Security/business continuity management experience.
- A detailed and current understanding of the Vietnam security environment with experience of having worked throughout Vietnam.
- Understanding of employment legislation related to Vietnam security staff and their potential moves between providers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats, and investigation management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, a network of key stakeholders within Vietnam
- Knowledge of current security technology including Lenel.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to lead a team, but also work independently. Both in terms of project delivery and being able to produce and maintain plans, procedures, training tools and records
- A background in police, military and or education to degree levels in Security Risk Management or related professional studies.
- Status and capability to engage with local law enforcement and intelligence agencies to ensure that the project site has suitable links into these communities
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and internet.
- Experienced in arranging international travel and conference calls.
- Serve as an effective team player.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.