Regional Business Continuity Manager- APAC
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security & Business Continuity Manager is accountable for all elements of the Corporate Security and Business Continuity (BC) programs at all China-based corporate client locations. The Manager provides subject matter expertise to other company sites within the APAC, as needed.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Ensure the corporate sites meet the corporate security standards.
- Drive the corporate security and BC programs within APAC;
- Build working relationships with security industry peer groups, security services, security integrator vendors, law enforcement, and internal customers including Facilities Management, Business Continuity, and Corporate Safety teams.
- Provide security and BC consulting to local business teams.
- Investigate reports of thefts/breaches and fraud within the cluster or APAC, as required.
- Develop plans to mitigate any gaps in the security controls.
- Manage the guarding and access control programs.
- Develop crisis response plans and coordinate the installation/maintenance of the physical security system.
- Provide expertise to support the development of business continuity plans.
- Identify and implement program improvements.
- Assist in the management of the enterprise BC program.
- Perform BC plan reviews and create/maintain budgets.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the guard force.
- Support security design and operations at new facilities.
- Experience in leading and managing virtual project and program teams.
- 10+ years' experience implementing and managing business continuity or risk management programs.
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity professional certification
- Experience in managing the response to significant disruptive events.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery (Information Technology focus).
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Track record of having earned the trust of leadership by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects.
- Complete detailed work orders and reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age of majority requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Singapore
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be wiiling to travel across region
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- 5+ years' experience implementing and managing business continuity or risk management programs.
- Working with regional business teams to conduct business impact and risk assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, and map critical dependencies. Given this, working with business teams to document BC plan needs in Corporate Continuity tool to drive consistency and attestation.
- Executing upon, and updating business continuity program goals, inclusive of the development and reporting against metrics and key performance indicators, meant to assess program health and continuous program improvement.
- Partnering with the Business, and Global Real Estate and Facilities team to coordinate recovery strategies as identified through the Business Continuity planning process.
- Facilitating business continuity exercises and tests, to identify potential gaps in plans, as well as functionality of work transference processes supporting recovery.
- Partnering with regional Crisis Management Teams to assist in responding to significant disruptive events.
- Partner with Amazon Corporate Security (ACS) teams to identify opportunities for education and awareness of BC methodology across the region.
- Strong working knowledge of physical security systems and components.
- Skilled in developing metrics and in conducting security related trend analysis.
- Understanding of international relationship building and development of cross-functional/peer relationships.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills within all levels within the enterprise,
- Understanding of crisis operations, risk management, and crisis communication.
- Able to manage daily tactical operations and participate in development of strategic program plans.
- Customer service orientated and results focused.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with global teams.
- Able to think clearly and analyze semi-quantitatively.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
- Able to develop and deliver security awareness training programs.
- Advanced computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
- Must be able to stand long hours, lift 20 pounds, and work at times in an industrial environment.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.