Command Center Operator - I
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: Command Centre Operator is responsible for ensuring the integrity, availability and protection of the company primary assets: reputation, people, information and facilities, by monitoring the company critical infrastructure and acting as the control liaison during incidents.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) function
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Perform daily operations of ASIA Security Operations Centre (ASOC).
- Monitor, dispatch and respond to alarms and security-related eventson a routine basis.
- Responsible for conducting CCTV audit for ASIA sites, maintaining the record and Radio set functionality check.
- Provide remote site security coverage for the sites in the Region of ASIA.
- Monitors all Security Operations Centre systems and applications for functionality, status and conducts basic troubleshooting and assessment before escalating problems to the Security Technology Group (STG) via Service tickets.
- Responsible for acting on all customer service-related calls promptly and either resolve them personally or refers issues to the appropriate individuals for resolution and closure.
- As part of access resolution, access badge management for HKG and TKY sites.
- Track quarterly ACR/MGR attestation reports and ensure 100% compliance.
- Weekend / Holiday / after office hours access support to sites in the ASIA region.
- Provide support to site Ops team during weekly / monthly security systems check.
- Provide support to FREC and STG during preventive maintenance activities.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring the movement/location of the cab while the alarms are being responded to.
- Responsible for monitoring all travel and transport cab movements during the shift and support the incident response team.
- Provide GPS navigational guidance to the Transport Security Manager -TSM / Transport Security Specialist -TSS (whoever responds to the emergency) with the help of a monitoring tool map to reach the location of the affected cab faster for effective response.
- Media Monitoring for any probable business disruptions and create Geo-fence of the area and provide inputs to the management.
- Ensure wellness check conducted on all cab occupants during all cab related incidents.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Minimum Graduate with one to three years of experience in relevant experience in a public or private Security and safety organization.
- Minimum of one year of Command Centre or Security Operation Centre experience preferred.
- Previous Security Operation Centre or security experience preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of integrated security systems, include alarm and access control systems, CCTV systems, Fire detection/suppression systems, Transport Security tools (MoveInSync/ Fleet Vigil)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Acts as customer best service provider at all times.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Good organizational skills, with an emphasis on multi-tasking and rapidly assessing and shifting priorities.
- Must be able to fulfil the day-to-day responsibilities of Command Centre Operator Jr 1during his absence.
- Must be willing to work in rotational shifts.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.