Regional Intelligence Analyst- Northeast Asia
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Intelligence Analyst (RIA), assigned to a specific client within their Global Security organization, will report on all intelligence matters including brand and reputation, counterterrorism, and travel risk. The Analyst will be assigned to the Northeast Asia region with a focus on China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and NorthSouth Korea
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct all source collection and research, analyze, evaluate, and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Analyze and assess risk and threats to the client people, assets, and operations on a regional and/or global level, including;
- Executive risk, Travel Risk, Event Risk, Property Risk, Counterterrorism, Brand and Reputation, and Due Diligence.
- Provide analytical expertise to support a variety of cross-functional internal client customers for threat assessment and intelligence purposes with the goal of supporting the safety and security of the client people, assets, and reputation.
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to potential threats.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting information and making decisions.
- Prepare and present briefings on projects, studies, and analyses to mid/high level managers.
- Discern patterns of complex behavior and provide accurate understanding of present and future threats.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Provide critical front-line intelligence support to investigative and operational personnel.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into actionable reports.
- Analyze intelligence information and other resources related to terrorist and other organized crime groups.
- Prepare threat assessments on upcoming major events.
- Identify information gaps.
- Develop and deliver customer specific presentations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have an Advanced Level Exams or equivalent qualification.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include; drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Singapore.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree (Master degree preferred) in criminal justice, law enforcement, statistical analysis or related field with one to three years of work experience in national security or criminal intelligence analysis that involves using the principles, concepts and methodologies of all–source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products.
- All-source intelligence analysis experience within the Northeast Asia region.
- Bi-lingual language skills; English and Mandarin, preferred.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Able to work successfully in a team and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to work under time pressures and adjusted schedules.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be available on call 24/7, as directed, and work occasionally on weeknights and weekends.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.