Belmont, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Global Security Operations Center Analyst will oversee the daily operations of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The Operator will vet potential andor actual crisis response activations, as well as provide analysis on intelligence gathered.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct regular monitoring of open-source intelligence, social media platforms, and client specific intelligence gathering tools for known and potential threats to employees, company assets and reputation.
- Monitor geopolitical events that may impact executive travel, company events, and/or operations, and provide periodic and timely reporting.
- Conduct in-depth research on a wide range of issues pertaining to global security, such as;
- Natural disasters
- Crime trends
- As well as international politics and economies to understand potential impact to areas where the client has operational interests.
- Collect and validate intelligence, assess the credibility and reliability of open source information.
- Effectively analyze relevant threats and produce actionable intelligence products in a timely manner for any and all incidents including but not limited to threat assessments and travel risk assessments.
- Support the GSOC by providing ongoing news monitoring.
- Lead the use of new Intelligence products as well as analyze existing intelligence tools to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Track, document and report progress on projects and initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Communicate with Senior Security Management on matters related to employee welfare, global incidents, operational issues and critical situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with at least two years of experience working in Global Security Operations Center environment, preferably pertaining to intelligence analysis.
- Global Security Operations Center experience.
- Experience working in intelligence, geopolitical or security-related disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research skills: ability to intake, evaluate and sift large quantities of information.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide rigorous and creative insight into complex situations.
- Familiarity with standard security communication protocols and security tools.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with highly confidential information towards all security related matters.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current world events.
- Strong personal initiative, ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.