Campinas, Sao Paulo - Brazil
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Investigator supports the client's Global Security Investigations team through the completion of complex cases and projects including but not limited to; workplace violence, asset and supply chain theft, misconduct, and unauthorized facility access.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Perform security-related investigations;
- Collect investigative information for workplace violence issues, asset and supply chain theft, unauthorized facility access, vehicle prowls, trespassing, misconduct, and Non-Disclosure violations.
- Conduct interviews with subjects and witnesses.
- Perform analytical and metric database tasks.
- Partner with the client's internal investigative group and law enforcement agencies, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Preparatoria/Bachillerato certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must be Bilingual (English-Portuguese)
- Must have the legal right to work in Brazil.
High school diploma or GED. Preferred is experience in computers, international relations, geopolitics, political sciences or investigations; at least minimum practice from bachelor or college.
- Security experience.
- Digital navigation and map experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Portuguese.
- International executive protection and/or travel threat assessment experience.
- Able to effective plan and manage travel itineraries.
- Knowledge of meeting and event logistics, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.