Physical Security Systems Manager
Sandy, UT - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Physical Security Systems Manager provides direction and innovation in of strategic planning, threat identification, risk assessment, technology enhancements, and configuration control of physical security systems. The Manager oversees the security technology support functions to establish standards and carries out project management, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of security systems or other security support as required.
The functions listed describe the general business purpose of this job. nction
- The functions listed describe the general business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Responsible for identifying, quantifying and preparing standards total solutions for security and safety risks/enhancements to the Client Corporate Security program.
- Manage/oversight/review of the design of basic physical security systems and their implementation as well as the management of technology security.
- Act as Global System Administrator for all installed security systems.
- Support Partition Administrators through coaching, training and direction.
- Oversee a formal process improvement program (Configuration Control/TQM) for services to the Client.
- Provide measurement reports to senior management. Programs will emphasize best common practices.
- Identify, qualify, and manage contractors for projects out-sourced.
- Provide daily support for a global distributed physical security infrastructure.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding software applications for physical and electronic security, CCTV and related areas for the Client.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
BS/BA degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering or related field. Three to five years of experience with security systems project management including engineering, installation, programming, testing and acceptance of physical security systems and ten years of progressively responsible experience in security or a related industry is required.
- Professional designations such as CPP, PSP, CISSP, CISA, and CISM are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Access Control and CCTV systems, preferably D-VTEL CCTV hardware and software, Software House C-CURE 800 and 9000 Access control, SQL Crystal Reports, server and data storage technology, MS software, security alarm monitoring system technology, Windows 2000 Server and networking technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD design, biometric systems, radio emergency notifications systems, voice and digital communications, call boxes, mass notification and visitor management systems.
- Working knowledge of process improvement programs, i.e., Total Quality Management.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skills to formulate action plans for process improvement initiatives, which may include the analysis of complex data.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Technical problem identification and resolution skills.
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Network computing components and data collections devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD design, biometric systems, radio emergency notifications systems, voice and digital communications, and call boxes.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.