Auburn Hills, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Intelligence Analyst serves as an expert, for a specific client, on all intelligence matters including; processes, support requirements, technical aspects, and operational methods.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for intelligence information; correlate intelligence and contextual data of cases with data used in preparing briefing materials, presentation briefings, and drafting information papers/articles on intelligence issues.
- Review and verify information and Intelligence Reports, Alert Notices, Crime Prevention Surveys, and other reports as required; disseminate data via reports or other analytical products to appropriate client staff members.
- Provide advice, counsel, and recommendations with appropriate responses based upon a thorough and accurate analysis to supervisors and other Intelligence Coordinators, who have an interest in specific cases.
- Assess and maintain a variety of situational awareness tools to quickly and accurately advise decision-makers on possible courses of action.
- Review and utilize diagnostic tools and technology to develop complex data compilations.
- Research, evaluate, integrate, and analyze all-source data in the preparation and presentation of clear, concise, in-depth intelligence analytical products focusing on threats to operations prepared in response to collection tasking and other requirements.
- Perform research, analysis, and reporting on threat environments, as directed.
- May represent the organization in the preparation and presentation of security related information and intelligence briefings at conferences, working groups, and planning sessions.
- Directly support travel protection initiatives through preparation of location threat briefs.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills as a professional representative of the company to protect the interests of the client.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with one to three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Previous intelligence or related experience.
- Able to accurately draw conclusions through synthesizing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product.
- Able to present and defend intelligence positions to a variety of audiences including; staff, representatives, and members of the executive team.
- Capable of communicating policy and initiative development/recommendation to the client.
- Able to organize and implement client specific programs efficiently in order to meet all deliverables and deadlines.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods of intelligence operations.
- Able to work under adverse and stressful conditions with little or no supervision.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultural and language barriers.
- Able to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to anticipate and meet the client's needs.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.