Administrative Business Team Lead
Fremont, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Business Team Lead, assigned to a specific client, is responsible for full organizational support, issue resolution and leadership of a team of Administrative, Business, and Data Analysts. The Team Lead oversees processes focused on project guidance, business operations, and product deadlines and delivery.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day guidance to the Business analyst team;
- Serve as the decision-maker, as directed by the Team Manager.
- Provide on-going communication and direction.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a timely and professional manner with special attention to quality and accuracy.
- Complete new hire training to ensure comprehension and development of skills/responsibilities.
- Coordinate employee paid time off requests.
- Coordinate the team schedule.
- Develop operational procedures and policies.
- Independently gather and analyze data to facilitate improvements in the methodologies, tools and techniques to enable the team to scale and optimize operations to mitigate potential risk.
- Oversee matters of compliance, drafting & implementing SOPs and workflows, Project Management, Information & Process Management & Quality Management Systems.
- Establish and manage files for all new cases, including data input to keep files current.
- Implement and assess metrics to improve processes and drive efficiencies in daily workflows.
- Prepare and/or review all submitted analysis and reports to ensure accuracy, research and business sufficiency and professional quality; edit and correct as necessary.
- Communicate all issues, related to the client relationship, with the appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in designated training sessions/seminars and review company training materials; enhance professional competencies and ensure high quality business products.
- Maintain assigned equipment including driver license, auto insurance, etc.
- Identify vendors and technological tools to improve and expedite research.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Identify information/security gaps.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree and at least five years of experience in a supervisory role, compliance, drafting & implementing SOPs and workflows in Project Management, Information & Process Management & Quality Management Systems. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to write detailed, accurate, complex business correspondence and present information in one-on-one and group situations, to mid-level managers and above.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work under adverse and stressful conditions with little or no supervision.
- Able to solve complex problems; uses good judgment and discretion.
- Able to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environment.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Asana.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.