Senior Nuclear Security Consultant
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Nuclear Security Consultant serves as the advisor on all security matters and program development for the commander of Barakah Sector “CICPA”. The Consultant will ensure that the project successfully advances the overall program while all deliverables are achieved within the contracted timeframe.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Serve as the senior advisor on nuclear security matters and program development for the commander of Barakah Sector “CICPA”.
- Manage and coordinate client activities to align with program stakeholders.
- Participate in an advisory role on international agreements and cooperation.
- Liaison with the client management and staff to ensure program advancement.
- Lead and motivate a multinational experienced project team ensuring successful completion of program deliverables.
- Provide sound planning on all facets of nuclear security including management and oversight of nuclear security programs.
- Resolve potential disputes between the client staff and consultant staff.
- Resolve potential contract issues and take the necessary action to remedy possible disputes.
- Manage the selection of potential staff, on-boarding, and successful continuation of all project personnel once approved and appointed by the client.
- Maintain the number of employees as well as job descriptions for the project staff.
- Coordinate with client staff regarding the clearances and credentials for the consulting staff.
- Manage the leave rotation of Consultants to ensure that adequate coverage is maintained, and timelines are not adversely affected.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with at least ten years of nuclear power facility protection, large scale project management, and nuclear security program development.
- Nuclear security program development experience including staff requirements, security/safety interfaces, processes, quality assurance, and training.
- Knowledge of international nuclear security regulations, best practices, and models for which the BataanNuclear Power Plant (BNPP) are modeled after.
- Comprehensive experience of design programs for complex integrated security systems within a high security setting.
- Solid understanding of international nuclear guidance and best practices.
- Knowledge of physical security construction including perimeter barriers, walls, portals, structures, and the simulation and measurement of explosive blast resilience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex integrated security systems within a high security setting.
- Effective project management skills.
- Flexible and accommodating outlook while working within an evolving new organization.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader within a diverse work groups.
- Able to work independently while using good judgment and discretion.
- Readily accepts direction and guidance on given assignments.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Requires intermittent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- May require unconventional work hours due to crisis management and evolving issues.
- Busy office environment which is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must meet/pass health screening and requirements for visa acceptance and contractual obligations.
- Deployments elsewhere within UAE may be required, at the client discretion.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.