Senior Financial Analyst
Chennai, Tamil Nadu - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible to work towards billing and analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring, and creating data models for decision support. The Financial Analyst will help in improving decision making and drive process improvement across the Billing process.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) function
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Create a Purchase order for Travel process.
- Develop and document analytical procedures to identify errors and determine the root cause.
- Representation of periodic data into a table, chart, maps and other logical functions.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Create recommendations for data cleansing and its graphical representation for the leadership team.
- Manage reconciliation of BTA statements, refunds, and reconciliation of cancelled/unused tickets.
- Support Accounting team on audits related to air travel by providing a statement and supporting documents.
- Support AP team with invoice related queries.
- Assisting the Vendor Management team on the queries related to vendors.
- Provide Dispute resolution and amicable solutions during conflicting situations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with three to seven years of experience in Billing, Reporting and management dashboard preparation.
- Must have strong accounting, billing, and reporting skills.
- The proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in advance Excel including effective data representation is a must.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in financial modelling and techniques.
- Proficient in MS office tools.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- On-call availability, and capability of handling irregular working hours (occasional).
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint), Google Chrome, Drive.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.