Facility Security Agent
Las Vegas, NV - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Facility Security Agent, assigned to a specific client, will perform fire, safety, interior and exterior inspections to protect the client's facilities, assets, employees, visitors, and vendors.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Complete facility fire and security inspections;
- Inspect and test fire equipment including extinguishers, fire pumps, and fire suppression systems.
- Issue hot work permits.
- Complete Security/Fire Control Reviews and report results to the client's management and Global Security team.
- Assist with emergency response incident management and planning activities;
- Complete comprehensive security reports for incidents involving thefts, misappropriations, fires, shop rules/regulations/violations, accidents, man-made and/or natural disasters, hazardous material spills, and all other emergency scenarios.
- Follow proper protocol when completing preliminary investigations.
- Complete access control tasks including facility authorization of persons and vehicles.
- Identify and escalate irregular conditions and unsafe practices.
- Interact with all internal and external persons in a respectful, tactful, courteous, and alert manner.
- Ensure shop rules and regulations are enforced.
- Respond to requests from the Global Security personnel.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a concealed firearm.
High School Diploma or GED with law enforcement and/or military experience.
- NV PILB Guard Card or successfully apply for a card prior to being hired.
- Law enforcement and/or military experience.
- Concierge-level customer service experience.
- Able to complete thorough and accurate reports and investigations.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to read and interpret written rules/regulations, orders, and training instructions.
- Poised, tactful, and diplomatic.
- Able to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment under stressful and emergency situations.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents and direct others.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to operate a motor vehicle in order to complete job responsibilities.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.